Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Module 4 Organising Search Information Task

I talked about Zotero in my last post and indicated that I should make better use of it. So here is the results. I used Zotero to record the information about the sites I chose. Now because I judiciously decided to ignore the instructions about finding pages on university websites, I needed to be a little flexible with the information I gathered and recorded. But I figure this is more about the process and trying stuff as opposed to keeping within the guidelines... right?? Oh well too late now ;)

To get the info up and out of Zotero I downloaded the Zotz plugin. This plugin allows you to upload, publish and share saved Zotero libraries. The information gets put into Citeline which is hosted by MIT libraries (you need to sign up for an account with an email address, but is very simple and quick). The result is an adaptable webpage which you can link to or download. I believe there will be other ways to share your Zotero libraries soon, but for now I think that this is an incredibly adaptable and easy to use suite of tools which is going to make citing in assignments and publishing bibliographies so much easier for my future studies. I wish I had used it in the past especially in my concepts assignment....

I took a screenshot just to make sure the results made it into here as well:



I have also now downloaded the Microsoft Word add on for Zotero which I'm sure is going to make writing my assignments in Word even easier.

No comments: