Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Ahhh the internet. I love Web2.0 (Web2.0 task)

The curriculum asks you to compare this and this and well I gotta say puuuurrrrlease. This comparison bares no comparison, neither is it a very good example of what web2.0 is really about. There are few comments on any of the posts in the blinklist and I could see only a handful with any votes. So instead I am going to relay a brief story about my web2.0 experience of today.

For those avid readers and fellow webct forum participants, you may have noticed my enthusiasm when it comes to Twitter. Twitter is certainly one of the great things about web2.0. I have been advocating the use of it to enhance your Personal Learning Network and today my network came through in spades. I have been following the updates of @courosa (AKA Alec Courosa) for some time and I don't remember why or how I even started. Today he posted this invite to an live online session where George Siemens was speaking. w000t. How cool is that! An invite to hear the guy speak who's ideas I have been reading and writing about. But not just speak, participate in a discussion with other interested participants and George Siemens too. How would I ever have done that without web2.0?

Web2.0 is the chance to share, connect, network, learn and share some more. Web2.0 is an all singing all dancing version of web1.0. Imagine what web3.0 is gonna do.

So thanks @gsiemens for the experience and @courosa for getting me there and for those web2.0 poopooers and those Twitter naysayers- get on board!

1 comment:

Chriso said...

That is fantastic mate I also joined in on what those guse are doing. Isnt amasing where this group has lead us.

And you I thank you for your help and support